Cellulite is surrounded by myths. There are many misleading “facts” about cellulite that have led women to desperately trying to banish cellulite or avoid getting cellulite only to end up with it gracing their back sides. Weeding through the myths and spelling out the facts is important. This way people can really know the whole truth about cellulite.
1. A myth that, at the time, seemed almost believable is that soda pop causes cellulite. The theory was that the sodium in soda pop caused fat cells to swell thus producing cellulite. This is not true. Cellulite is fat cells, but they have become deformed and trapped close to the skin in connective tissue.
2. Another often accepted myth is that cellulite only happens to those over 40 years old. While cellulite may be more apparent in older people because the skin thins out as we age, it can occur at any age.
3. Cellulite is often misunderstood, so it isn’t surprising that many people believe the myth that cellulite can only occur on the thighs and buttocks. While this is the most common area for cellulite to occur, it can also appear on the arm, neck and stomach.
4. Perhaps one of the most common myths is that only over weight people get cellulite. This myth, when debunked, can be devastating to those who are not over weight. Unfortunately everyone has fat cells, even skinny people so they too are subject to cellulite.
5. A myth related to getting rid of cellulite is that dieting and exercise are good ways to get rid of cellulite. This is untrue because of the make up of cellulite. It is unlike other fat that through dieting and exercise can be burned by a person’s metabolism. Cellulite is trapped in the connective tissue and is unaffected by metabolism.
These five myths are most often associated with cellulite. Some of these myths have even been used to sell products that say they will prevent or cure cellulite.
Knowing the difference between myths and facts can help people deal better on how to banish cellulite.
One of the most important things to remember when learning how to banish cellulite naturally is that any effective remedy will take time.